Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh Boy!


We had our 3 week doctors visit for Will yesterday...it was mainly a weight check to see our progress with the supplementation. I'm happy to announce that he has EXCEEDED his birth weight and is weighing in now at
5 lb. 14 oz.!!!

The doc was so relieved, and said he's probably getting even more calories than he needs now, so we're pulling back a tad on the formula and slowly weaning him off over the next 2 weeks. Hallelujah! I still worry sometimes when I have to wake him up after a pretty long period of going without eating...but he always seems to be really hungry when it is time to eat, and he is gaining and having a good amount of wet/dirty diapers, so I shouldn't worry so much.

In other news...
*Will had his first TOY STORE experience. We had to run a few errands and one of them was to Toys R Us. He was SO FUNNY to watch in that store. His eyes were bright and alert, and he just couldn't get enough. Mom put a little toy deer in his line of sight and it was so cute to watch him. He had the first infant-seat-in-the-shopping cart ride, which went pretty well.
He got to sport some real big boy shoes for the first time that day and finally fit in a newborn onesie. (thanks Deanne and Nana!)

*We wanted to find an Easter outfit for him that fits (seeing how all our cute things now are way tooooo big for him still) and so he got to go to ("got" to, lol) the mall with us and ride for the first time in his stroller. (We use it at home as a portable bassinet, lol, but never with his car seat) Janie & Jack have the most ADORABLE preemie size clothing, and we found the perfect outfit for him! I can't wait to show you!
*He also EARNED his very first REAL big boy bath this week! I had him all pappoosed on the bed, napping. It was adorable and he was so sweet and content...and then Lo and Behold I hear a rumbling and a bubbling coming from that boy. I waited for him to wake on his own, and he was pleasant and oh so sweet. He didn't seem to be bothered whatsover with his lovely new body art :) Even after this, he's still such a *CUTIE*














and then finally...
Billy and I had a candlelight dinner on Wednesday. :)
However, this wasn't by choice..the tornados and crazy rain took our electricity with them! We had to order pizza in since we had NOTHING real to eat that wasn't frozen. When the guy got here, we all realized he forgot to bring our DrPepper with him, so he had to get back out in that weather, go get it from the store, and then come back to our place yet again. Poor dude. I would show you a picture of our experience, but the flash from the camera does it NO JUSTICE to how dark it truly was in here.
While our lights were out, we managed to keep the baby relatively happy in his crib, and Billy and I played a game of Phase 10 by the flashlight. It's really strange how having a baby changes EVERYTHING mentally for you. We weathered a week without electricity during the hurricane, just the 2 of us, but all I could think of that night was Will's formula going bad in the fridge, and all the frozen milk I'd pumped for him...and how we couldn't go for much longer without eating or I wouldn't produce enough milk for him to eat well...and....whew my head hurts! You mom's all deserve a medal for all the worrying you've done for your kiddos!

9 comments:

Mama PC said...

how cute!

and he's filling out finally

(no, i didn't say spilling out)

glad things are going well....

love

Anonymous said...

I need to come hold that boy! He won't know who aunt mary is if I don't get over there soon!!

alicia said...

aww. how sweet. Sadie blewout almost every newborn outfit! Breastmilk goes right through them. He is looking good though. You seemed to be doing an excellent job as a new mommy. It just comes naturally huh?.

Mama PC said...

gotta get out the duct tape for those diapers on those breast-fed babies :-)

hmmm.. need to patent a new invention

for breast-fed babies world wide

NEW! diaper duck tape (picture it - white with little rubber duckies parading whimsically)

"keeps those messes from leaking out around the legs"

"safe and non-toxic baby diaper tape, to keep baby poo from running out the quacks"

Mama PC said...

IT'S MYYYYY INVENTION, NOBODY STEAL IT!

Jamie said...

Lol you're crazy Mama PC. P.S. Where did you say I can find that diaper tape again? Hehe

Mama PC said...

i just looked online to find anything like that...

i suppose if we could just put the diapers on TIGHT ENOUGH the goo wouldn't drip out....

hey, but mama's gotta be concerned about cutting off the circulation to the lower extremities, right?

Michelle said...

I noticed when we had blowouts I needed to go up a size. I'm sure little Will is not ready but I always used Pampers Swaddlers and those never failed me. Mom said that they must have gotten better diapers because I never had the problems we all had in the diapers back in the day. He He

Anonymous said...

You can miss a meal and Will will still get enough to eat. Just make sure you drink lots of fluid.