Do you remember that song?
When I was a little girl, we had a worship leader who LOVED singing that song...so it's imprinted deep in my memory "He poured in the oil and the wine...(good samaritan)...the kind that restoreth my soul"...
Anyway! I guess our "pouring in the oil" to Will's tummy has paid off! Literally, that formula is made up primarily of OIL. Weird huh? My mom spoke with the nurse at my cousins orphanage, concerning Will's low birthweight and the need for supplements. She replied to her "why doesn't she just put vegetable oil in his diet like we do with our tiny babies here?". Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly? Did you just suggest I put VEGETABLE OIL in my babies belly?
So I did a little reading on the formula ingredients we're giving him: Milk, whey protein, VEGETABLE OIL, SUNFLOWER and/or SAFFLOWER OIL, SOY OIL, MCT OIL, COCONUT OIL, ALPINA OIL, COHNII OIL, and a bunch of vitamins/minerals. Crazy!
We walked in to the pediatricians office yesterday, took a deep breath, undressed the boy and almost had a heart attack when the nurse announced "5 pounds even". We told her we had to try it again, I KNOW this boy has eaten more in the past 2 days than usual...so she re-tried the scale, and came up with 5lb 3oz! MUCH BETTER! That means he had a gain of 2 oz in 2 days. Not bad! We're supposed to check again in a week, and hopefully see a 4-7oz gain by then. That means we could be back to the birthweight in 2 weeks or less! Praise JESUS!
I had to share this video. Billy was playing with my new camera while he did what we've coined the "Wake up song" for Will. See, we have to actually wake the boy to eat most of the time, so Billy created a song we sing to him, and you can see how it actually works! LOL~
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i think it's your bangs being long that i'm really liking in these recent pictures... i say keep 'em around... they're looking good!
love, sista-sista
oh, and yeehaw on will's weight gain! keep up the good work!
That video is so funny! Carter was little - a whole pound bigger than Will, but we had to do the whole wake up to eat thing too, and he slept for nearly his entire first 4 months of life...no exaggerating! So your creativity has brought back some recent memories. :)
I'm SO glad little Will is gaining! And how funny that his formula is mostly oil! Yay for little victories! :)
OH! and RYC...it was much easier to pack up and head to my mom's before there were three, but at least I have company! Our house is definitely not quiet...with or without Cary. :)
how much does he weigh today???
i look forward to seeing you again soon.... you and your little family...
Love the video Jamie!! I miss you guys! Glad to hear he's starting to gain wait!
Miss you!
Talk to you soon, I hope!
<3Heather
um I mean weight...not wait
i heard 5lb 11 oz today on hospital scale... is that right?
wahoo!
we need a new post-age here...
how's that boy! PICTURES PLEASE!
alright already - post, please....
can't wait to see a new picture!
hey, i have a bit of news that i don't know if any of the young moms in the area are aware of.... there is a lactation specialist at Conroe Regional that is available for ANYONE to come to see for advice, techniques, assistance, etc. She said that the hospital has approved it that she's available for ANYONE in the region to come to for help - for no fee! cool, huh? our women's services is affiliated with Texas Women's now, so they're incorporating a lot of the same services - cool! i've worked alongside this nurse for about 10 years and she is a blessing for new moms....
pass the word!
Post a Comment