Okay so we have clue yet if this is a little Johnny or Janie but either way, Billy coined the term for the "B" Baby when we found out it was the size of an appleseed (about 3 weeks ago).
We had an interesting time at the doctor :) It wasn't too bad though (thanks for all the warnings girls). We found out my uterus is tilted back, which they claim is pretty common and will work it's way back forward again during the next few months, and based on the ultrasound we could have a due date of March 4th (we estimated the 5th so we were pretty close).
Other than that, all is well! 2 arm buds, 2 leg buds and a beating heart! 188 bpm! It sounded like a rap song :) Billy had fun carrying the picture around and showing all the nurses. When the dr. came in she said "so your chart says you are catholic and were practicing natural family planning?" I said "nope, we're not catholic and weren't planning anything" :)
It was fun!

15 comments:
oh what a cute little bun in your oven!!!!! she's so cute and punkin'-like !
i'm workin' on helpin Linds get a ticker - she said she keeps getting disconnected.... so we'll know how far along and what stages she's at as well...
i cannot believe you Catholics and your family planning!!! ha!
your mom and I are going to have a blast!!!
you and yours are special to me....
keep up the good work, take lots of naps, eat right and enjoy the next months/years of your sweet life!
Yeah for a healthy baby! I see that you are going to Specialist For Women. Great Staff! I know you will like it there. If you need any advice on trying the natural approach just call me. I'm so glad you get to blog about the whole pregnancy. This helps me stay connected with you two. Love ya!
oh wow! that's so great you got to see the little guy/gal...
i am so glad you got to hear the heartbeat too!!!!
Congrats
I second the Specialists for women Love... I heart me some Dr. Reed... :)
YAY baby!
hey don't worry about the tilted uterus thing...i had that this go 'round and haven't had any problems or anything.in fact had they not told me i would've never known the difference between this and the last 3. Which dr. did you choose....i just left with dr hampton and have my first appt at her new office next week....
Awww! Your first picture of your new baby! Are you going to do belly pics every month?
Don't worry about the tilted uterus..I have one too. Never interfered with a pregnancy.
If that's not the cutest grandbaby in the whole wide WORLD, I don't know what is. We love you baby, I can't wait to hold you and kiss your sweet, soft baby cheeks. We love you poor feeling poorly mommy and lucky daddy. We pray for all of you.
I'm having fun in Florida! There are kids everywhere ya know! Someone at Burger King...after we had left a Big Vinny crusade, asked if we were a Church group...Dorothy said ...no...we're all (20) family.
I have been getting on often checking out the pictures of my cute little bugga boo Grandbaby!
Shelley and I were looking at the Sonogram and she was pointing out all the parts and Chase touched the screen and said beybe, beybe. He has seen so many of Shelley's sonograms, that he knew what it was. All the kids had to come see.
Gramma Suzanne, it's good to see these first pictures isn't it!
Pam-maw, I talked to Lindsey and Brian today...hope she gets some "first baby" pictures soon!
Jamie and Billy I'm so excited for God's little gift to us all and I'm so thankful for a good report!
Gramma May aka "May-maw"
hi May-Maw
i told Linds she better get some pics at least of her belly, starting now... i don't know if she even knows where the camera is or how it works! they've been on the run since their wedding plans commenced!
i don't think they'll be getting any sonograms, do you? does anyone know if those are done in Ugandan culture? we Americans are so spoiled.... we get to see and do so much and have even an inside look into our own bodies to see the little miracles blossoming...and moving....and waving "hi mom!"... maybe Linds and Brian will do things the "old fashioned" way where they wed...conceive...continue riding their bicycle to market...pull over in a field one day.... squat...and voila...a Texuh-Gandan is here!!! then, they hop back on the Boga Bike - throw the baby in the basket.... and he goes back to the Palm Tree and she to styling the hair for the Mozingos....
i won't miss it.... i plan on taking off 3-4 weeks and being there! Maymaw and Suzanne can be here with little Johnny Appleseed and I'll be half-way-round the world with little Afrika Tharpe...
btw, i had a tilted uterus also - i wonder how common that is... or if they just make it sound that we're 'unique'.
now, i'll tell you something - i once observed a c-section and saw a HEART=SHAPED uterus!!! seriously... the doctors were celebrating it! they pulled it out...and had everyone gather around and rejoice at the site! it is rare, they said... hmmm
research anyone?
Those have to be the cutest little arm sprouts I've ever seen!!!
I was just thinking back when I was reading this blog a few months ago at your fun trips with Billy before you were even engaged... and now look at the content of the blog!! HAHA!
That picture that you added of Billy pointing to your stomach cracks me up!! lol!!
Pa-maw, My niece, Danyne even had a 4D sonogram there in Jinja with her little one who is only weeks old now. I'm told it doesn't cost much to get a sonogram and you can just go ask for one. And, the nurse at the orphange worked for an OB here in the states and is suppose to be great.
Gramma May aka May-maw
wow congratulations! i saw a special on tv about births or something and it said that a lot of times with a tilted uterus you may have less fatigue, morning sickness etc until it tilts back to normal so that could be a really good thing maybe
anything new with little Johnny? How's Mommy?
I love to come look at these cute first pictures every once in a while. I noticed little Johnny has my cute apple figure...haha. Aren't you glad that will change! In the bottom picture it looks like he's got Jamie's pointy head...in the other picture it looks more like Billy's round head. I am looking forward to new pictures to ponder. It's going to change so much from this little sprout body! It's amazing we can see life so,so young.
These pictures at this date, are about what your new little niece or nephew looks like by now.
Post a Comment