Since the meds are making Will hungrier than ever, we were thrilled at his checkup Wednesday when he weighed 10 lbs 5 oz.! (He went into the hospital at 9 lbs 8 oz.)
He's averaging a gain of about 1 ounce per day as opposed to his usual 1/2 ounce. He's still eating like crazy, and he's been ending most nights now with a 6 ounce bottle. I've rented a hospital grade pump for the time being to really keep my supply going (since he's not good at demanding what he really wants) and I'm seriously having to keep up with him! I want to store some away for our upcoming trip to Cali (to visit Nana and Pops) but he keeps eating everything I pump! Ya'll pray for me! LOL! I've been nursing him during the morning and night, and the daytime is usually bottled breastmilk w/or w/out the rice starch supplement.
It seems like the reflux and arching are improving more and more...we just gotta work on the tummy aches and cramps that the new meds cause. He seems to deal with them pretty well, but he has a few more fussy times than before. I guess that comes with the territory. Overall I think he's feeling better. We noticed the other day he was so peaceful after he ate. I love it!
I caught this cute moment he was having with Grandma May and her "boo" game. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry...it was too funny.

9 comments:
How cute! He IS growing! Love it!
ok right there i think he looks like you a little. i don't know. that' was a new look. he's changing!!!
Lol! He probably thinks the way I'm still holding that head bumper I was adjusting under his head is "whats so funny!"
I love the way he's trying to say boo back at me! He started this little game with all his giggling! He's definitely feeling better then he was that week before he went into the hospital!
Thank you God for your continued healing and FAT deposits!
oh good, glad to know he is doing so good! i was thinking about you guys this morning... :)
Praise God for what He is doing!!! He looks fatter to me!!! woohoo!!!
I neeeeed to come see him. Let me know when a good time is.
what a cute vid!! such a funny laugh/cry :)
Cute video! I'm so glad the little man is gaining weight. I've got to see him soon.
need another weight report...
praise the Lord. i am so glad things are going so much better. Jamie, watch out. it will happen so fast and before you know it your baby is huge and you have to pass him off to Billy cuz he is too heavy!!! :)
i never thought that would happen to me, and thought it crazy that people keep their kiddos in a stroller when they shop. but now i totally understand. your little Will is precious and you are doing a great job. boys definately eat more than girls. :)
have a wonderful weekend with your guys! :)
Post a Comment