So about a week ago, my hubby, son and I were on our way out of the church parking lot. It was a BURNING HOT summer day, and as usual, we cranked the a.c full blast. All of a sudden we realized there were hundreds of ANTS flying in to our car through our air vents! They were ALL OVER THE PLACE....our arms, legs, clothing, seats, dash, doors, you name it! We were freaking out, and Billy was trying to keep his eyes on the road while I smashed each little black ant I could possibly track down. Poor little ant kamikazes were flying into their doom. It was like something from a horror movie or something! I was mostly concerned the ants could be tracking down the sweet and innocent baby boy in my back seat, so as any normal parent would, I screamed for us to pull over and see where these crazy ants were coming from.
We pulled into a parking lot nearby, and watched as they poured out of the car onto the hot pavement...finding some other tasty treat left from the last car parked there. But we still weren't able to keep all of them from coming back in.
It was CRAZY!
Later that afternoon we went through a professional car wash, hoping it would clean out the carriage and hopefully vacuum up any remaining ants. We got back in our car only to find the residual ants left behind, sticking with every step to our freshly Armor-All'd car like fighting soldiers dragging their wounded bodies in a swamp. To this day (about 10 days later) we still have a serious problem when we turn the air up. We have no idea how to rid our a.c. system of these critters.
I've only found 2 of the castaways on Will's car seat, however, Monday afternoon I saw several sticking to a few different outfit options in his closet. I looked closer only to realize they were trailing in the closet now! What is this all about?! Then I found a few crawling on my arm in my bed!
We immediately told the complex manager to call Pest Control, and the guy came out yesterday.
I had spotted a dirt pile behind our rocking chair, very close to Will's bed...and I didn't want to mess around. The pest guy said they were breeding under our carpet there under the window seal! He sprayed inside and out, and we haven't seen any signs of live ones in our room since late last night.
I'm going to try and rest tonight without worrying about those crazy little ants that seem to have infested our world like nobody's business lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ew Ick Yuck! That just makes my skin crawl! So glad it seems to be under control!
Gross gross gross!
That is terrrrrible!!!!!!! WORSE THAN AFRICA!!!!!! :) well, maybe... we did have some strange little hills that would turn up in our closet and bedroom for a few months. they were like a tube, going up, up, up, and then a hole at the top. the strangest thing. and if we smashed them, we found white larvae of some sort crawling around in there. i don't know what they were... flying ants of some kind? we definitely found some kind of dead flying thing ALL OVER our bed every night during that season though. YUCK.
oh my!!!
Lindsey, yours sound like termites.
Post a Comment