While he was away, my mom and I got some much needed time in with my cousins and auntie.
Mom also came and stayed the night with me. I even asked her to sleep in my room 'cause it felt lonely without my hubby. She obliged :)
While Billy was away, we got a phone call from Will's doctor. The kidney tests came out normal, along with the acid (carbon dioxide) test on his blood.
PRAISE GOD!!!
I know it sounds crazy, but I think Will started gaining more weight faster since then. I started wondering if maybe I'm more relaxed now, knowing that he seems to be just fine health-wise, therefore I'm making more or even better food for him perhaps? Weird? Maybe. Either way, he's getting more fat and seems really long lately so that's all good news to us!
We met with the maternal fetal specialist on Thursday to discuss my lab results. She was very encouraging and confident that I will be able to get pregnant again without fear of the health risks on me or the baby. They want to keep a check on my homocysteine levels and determine whether I need blood thinners or not, but she feels at this point the folic acid and b vitamins will really help my "pathways" do their job and function properly bringing the homocysteine levels down on their own.
That's another PRAISE GOD!
I found it hard, however, to just believe that everything is "fine" with me. It's hard not to over-think things, or look for more assurance or answers. After Will's birth and situation since then, plus my own results, it's really hard not worrying the same thing will happen again if we don't make major changes. But if both my doc and the specialist think the supplements are enough, then maybe just maybe they will really make a difference the next time around and I really won't need more meds than that. I want to believe that's the case. I really do.
I really like the word REALLY don't I?
We had a relaxing day sleeping in a little extra and making burgers and homemade fries and ice cream today. We spent some good time with my parents and Brian and Lin (and Little Lucie) eating good food, getting a little sun and just chilling out. Lin is looking way cute with her preggo belly. She even sported a bathing suit and everything. She's very brave!
We took Will to his first movie! He did great, although the 30 minutes prior to the movie were crazy! He pooped all over his outfit on the way over to the theater, so I went to change him and they didn't have any changing tables in the bathrooms! I ended up laying him in my lap to change him and got poo all over my arm! YUCK. Then, the extra clothes I brought for him were too small! I guess that's a good sign right? Needless to say he ended up with just a tee shirt and diaper for the duration...he did good though. Slept like a baby on his "Grammy nanny". She's always a huge help when we go out together, and sometimes I feel like she's our nanny for real!
Hope you all had a wonderful and Happy Memorial Day everyone :)

4 comments:
I'm so glad everything is normal and fine with you and little dude now. So just take a big breath and enjoy life :)
way to go will on your first big movie!!!
Praise the Lord for an awesome report! I'm sure your milk supply did increase, stresss levels have such an impact on nursing. I'm so glad you guys are doing well and enjoyed the weekend in spite of Billy being gone for a bit! It's funny...when Cary's gone, I always make sure we have LOTS to do, so that by bedtime we are all worn out. It makes everything easier. :) Oh, and YAY for Grammy's to make going out fun! :)
yes, stress does limit the milk supply of some of the best parts - so mamas need to learn how to just "rest" and "take it easy" and "chill out"... but, with all the things that came at you, I too would have been thinking and analyzing and worrying.... but, for the wee one and for you...and for your family - it's time to rest and relax and let the Lord nourish you with his fattening Words and affection - He's NEVER too stressed to have all that you need - and a goodly supply.
look at that courtney... growing so beautiful. :)
Post a Comment