Wednesday, August 27, 2008

13 Weeks

Well I can't believe it, we're nearly a third of they way there! It has flown but taken forever all at the same time. Thank you to all who have sent prayers and encouragement during this wonderful and new adventure! and thank you for checking up on me too! I'm feeling much better these last 2 weeks...much more energy and much less nausea (thank goodness!). I am actually able to cook pretty normally, and have a pretty good appetite too. The heartburn has actually let up a lot more lately, and so I'm not having to eat as many tums and crackers to combat the acid :) As far as clothing...my old jeans are still "rigged" with a rubber band, and I'm wearing some maternity pants/capris for the comfort. I don't like having things too tight -it makes my stomach feel sick inside. My husband has been WONDERFUL helping around the house, and just plain wonderful at understanding me during all this new stuff!

We went in for another more specific ultrasound and all the usual bloodwork and examinations on Monday.

We had a fun time with the tech during the ultrasound. The baby was bouncing around, sucking it's thumb, kicking it's legs and just pretty much entertaining all of us. I had to tell Billy to laugh for me at how cute it was being because every time I laughed, the baby would bounce and we couldn't get a clear picture. :) The tech said "your baby is a poser! most babies are like 'no don't take pictures of me' and yours is like 'hey!'" Billy said "he gets that from his mom". Okay, so I like taking pictures, so what :)

Here's a few pictures for your enjoyment.



6 comments:

Mama PC said...

It's aMAZINg!!! what we can see with Ultra Sound....

how cute! is that its hand up to its little mouth?

Blessings upon blessings from God toward you and your little one...

amen

Unknown said...

yeah for a poser :) those are the greatest because you can start seeing personality even then!! love it love it!

have you popped yet??? where's some belly pics mamma????

alicia said...

how cute! I love being able to see ultrasound pics. So fun and interesting. Glad that you are feeling a little better for now. Those first couple of months are rough because your hormones are trying to work overtime and the placenta hasn't kicked fully yet cause it is still growing and then the mid months are great because your body has adjusted, but then the end months are uncomfortable because you just get to where you can't find a comfortable position. Lots of things to look forward too! Enjoy every moment of it. It goes by too fast sometimes.

The Wiggins Family said...

Wow, 13 weeks already! I'm so glad your feeling better. I tell you that second trimester is so much nicer than the first. I wonder if it's a girl. You are having some of the same symptoms I had with Carlee and the fact that the baby stays still for a picture sounds like a girl in the making. We'll see....

KriSTeN said...

aw that's such a cute pic of your little one... i am sorry about the heartburn and nausea. i was so thankful to not be too sick in the beginning. and i ate what i wanted. it wasnt the best but i am so glad that's over... now i feel great so you are almost there. i bet your little one will have lots of hair! LOL they say heartburn equals lots of hair. i am afraid my baby will be bald. i have had hardly any heartburn and so i will see what comes in the next few months. i went to maternity pants quick cuz of how uncomfortable buttons and zippers were on my belly... it does make your life simpler!
hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend. congrats again on your little guy/girl...
did you hear that we are having a boy???? we are so thrilled!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep! Just as I thought, still the cutest grandbaby I've ever seen! Sooo glad you're feeling better mama. Good job taking care of her daddy. Must've been your dad's great example! : )