Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2 Months already?!


I can't believe we've now been happily (for real) married people for approximately 68 (or 69) days! It's stinkin' FLYING BY! Before you know it, we'll be lugging around a half-dozen babies in an Excursion (or Billy say's a Suburban...cause Excursions are Fords :)) or something....hehe. That'll be fun :)

We have realized something important in this past month: we don't really NEED t.v... see, we haven't paid for the service yet, and honestly, I'm not sure we've missed it. Now, some of you may remind me that after babies, t.v. will be a necessity (baby einstein, sesame street, caillou....or you name it)...or then again, maybe not.

However you choose to look at it, it seems, and I honestly feel, like we have had more quality time than a lot of couples spend together. When I get home, we usually crank up the musica, and either dance in the kitchen (okay, so we just TRY to dance, lol) or laugh at funny stories from the day, or cook together, or clean.....whatever it is, we're not usually glued to a t.v. unable to function without eating on the couch with a t.v. tray of food straddling our laps.


Maybe that will change, but for now, I'm content with our t.v.-lessness :) In other news, we chose to "escape" this past weekend...and our destination of choice was none other than.....DRUMROLL.......


.....Galveston :)

I know, I know, "so what?" right?
Well it was just the relaxing weekend we were desperate for. We needed to just unwind from the tensions at work, and bombarded calendar of events...and just "be" together. We also wanted to be in a place out of reach, where we could make ourselves available to hear from God concerning some major decisions for our family. It was wonderful.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Fisherman's Warf where they harbor a real-life pirate's dream of a boat, Elissa. We also spent over 6 hours in Moody Gardens, visiting every single exhibit and nearly every attraction. Mario's filled our stomachs with some very tasty pizza....and on the last day we walked the beach, picking up sea shells and chasing down ice cream trucks for some tasty treats...and then we ended up at a hole in the wall mexican restaurant, Gorditas which ended up being delish! The trip was closed off with a casual stroll down the strand where I introduced Billy to the "real" Dr.Pepper's in glass bottles with PURE CANE sugar, not HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!

It was a nice gettaway, and just what we needed!

Other than that-we are doing GREAT! We have had several friends see the townhome, and I'm sorry for not posting pictures yet! So if you're in town, just come by and see us, you're all welcome at our place!

PICS FROM A FUN DAY AT KEMAH WITH
MOM, THE BRO & HIS LADY :)

11 comments:

Deborah said...

YEA!!! Congrats on two months! Sounds like you guys have the right idea: no tv, and escaping to Galveston! Sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

fructose and sugar are the same thing

Anonymous said...

no, there is a difference! Like mexican cokes have the pure cane sugar and not the fructose.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMM Sugar. . .yum

Anonymous said...

I know you can't blog during lunch and breaks anymore but several of your family members ask about your blog and miss your postings even though we don't always comment.

And, High fructose corn syrup is made from corn and is also altered in the processing. Cane Sugar is made from pure sugar cane and has a different and desirable flavor. Example...Jones Sodas like to brag about their use of pure cane sugar. Both are sugars, both are bad for us, but have different flavors, uses and textures.

From the bodiless face on the ride at Kemah. Great pics Jamie, and thank you and Aaron for the invite and fun day!

Michelle said...

Thanks, we are soo excited, Addyson is also excited about being a big sister(well we hope she is!) lol

Actually I already had the feeling that I was pregnant when Josh played that prank. I was furious because I knew that I would have to go back in a few weeks and tell everyone that I was pregnant for real. It was just a bad time for him to do that.

I'm just glad it didn't turn out to be twins, I'm sure I would be pulling my hair out right about now. ha ha

KriSTeN said...

hey girl. wow over two months! that's so great. it's amazing how you dream of something all your life and feel like it will never get here adn then here it is!!! and it's the most wonderful thing ever!!!
thanks for the comment. yes we are so excited. i am so amazed and feel so blessed.
have a wonderful weekened and week!

Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY - I was right when I made the first comment that fructose and sugar are the same thing.

High fructose corn syrup IS NOT fructose - it is a form of RAW corn syrup that has gone through a process to increase its fructose content.

RAW cane sugar is just that - sugar off the cane.

In terms of saccarides, fructose is a TYPE of sugar - hence - fructose IS SUGAR that comes from fruit compounds. Lactose is a sugar that comes from milk compounds, etc - the "ose" suffix is a naming convention to show the molecular structure is present to make the substance A SUGAR or an enzyme.

So the original statement (before it was edited) that two substances were different because one contained sugar and one contained fructose was false and incomplete and needed to be clarified.

Lauren said...

I know what you mean about the TV situation, it really is best to turn it off and just talk. Glad to see y'all are doing so well! I love those weekend getaways, they are like a relationship refreshner. I want to come see your place, and "meet" Billy.
Take care!

The Wiggins Family said...

Jamie- I am so encouraged things are going so well. I love that ya'll take time for each other after each day and dance. So sweet! I'm sure it helps refocus on each other and unwind. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a discussion and science lesson about sugar. All I know is, there is NOTHING like a bottle coke compared to a can coke....especially a bottle cola from Mexico. Other than the sugar and fructose debate, you blog is so fun to read. After 30 yeqars of marriage, it is fun to still dance!