Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 1 Month!!!


I can't believe a WHOLE MONTH (and 10 days) ago I was blessed to become the new and improved "Mrs "Billy" :)

In honor of this great event the hubby and I went out for a celebratory dinner. When the ladies at work found out we were actually "going out" for this huge milestone, lol, they all teased and questioned whether we would "do this every month"....to which one co-worker excitedly responded for me "she hopes so!".

My mother recently asked if marriage was different than I expected it to be. I thought for a while, and answered truthfully that it was actually better than I thought it would be (and I had pretty high expectations). As my friend Lauren explained it, it's like "having a slumber party with my best friend every night". I know it's God's perfect will for me to be married to Billy, and he brightens my every day!


In this whole uncharted territory called "marriage"
I have a learned a few meaningful things.
For example:
*Don't cry over spilled peppercorns
*It's nice to take time to stop and kiss my husband when I/he get(s) home.
*It's great to laugh not just with but AT each other!
*We make a great team, even if it's in the grocery store, lol
*I can be a very SELFISH person...and it's NOT all about me anymore!
*Boys can be fun to live with :)
*Being right and "winning" will only make him a loser
*Having a devotional and prayer life together keeps every day more "God centered"
*I can't always do/make things "perfect" and he still loves me
*I CAN always try though :)
*When I'm stressed from a hard day, it REALLY works to laugh together! That whole "medicine" thing about laughter is sooooo true!
*When I've thought I can't laugh anymore...I keep laughing!
*It's good to take care of others together...two really are better than one
*It's even better for people to sense God's peace in our home, because that means we are at peace and we really are "as one"
*Marriage means a little more sleep at night
*Our marriage has become our #1 ministry....and that doesn't make it any less effective than a formal ministry
*People really are watching
*and finally....this past month has showed me that marriage to the right man has been TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! You have done so well with intaking a totally new way of life. If you've figured all of that out in your first month, I can't wait to see your 1st year; it just gets better and better EVERY DAY!

Deborah said...

Congratulations!!! I love all of the meaningful things that you have learned! How wonderful!

Unknown said...

Yeah for 1 month of "Mawage" :)

The Wiggins Family said...

Happy first month! Man, it already sounds like you have been married for 5 years. Keep up the good work. All those things I am still learning. Love you girl and your posts.

alicia said...

I didn't realize that you had a blog. How fun! I am going to add you to mine if that's ok. Brian and Lindsey looked so happy at their wedding. I am glad it all worked out in such short timing. Congrats to you for a 1 month anniversary. Josh and I did that too for a couple of months. We actually did the 1 month, 6 month, and then the big 1 year one. Okay, well great to see your whole family at the wedding.

Anonymous said...

how exciting! it was good to see you guys at Lin and Brian's wedding! I just like to see you guys together. fun! ~Caren

Unknown said...

are you guys alive????

Anonymous said...

I love the feeling when I'm around you guys or visiting your home...it's like the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you go to the movies and watch a good love Story ...only this story is for real! You're blessed with all the components... never ending laughter, interesting communication, lot's of fun and peace. Just makes ya wanna say "awwwwwww."