Last night was hilarious. While Billy and my bro Aaron went out to the gun range, I decided to get “creative” for dinner.
I made homemade Italian sausage meatballs and bowtie pasta with a roasted garlic tomatoe sauce…then I ventured out with the baking mix to bake garlic/cheese biscuits (made it up) which turned out pretty good. Fresh spring-mix salad with fresh ranch, and sweet tea of course. My final adventure was an alfredo sauce from scratch, which I’ve done before and it get’s even better over time…BUT as I was cracking pepper into it, the grinder BROKE! Black peppercorns went EVERYWHERE! Our whole white kitchen floor was covered with little black beads, and they were allllll over the stovetop and every single countertop! So I calmly strained the peppercorns out of the alfredo saucepan, and decided instead of crying, I would just leave the kitchen alone, set the table, light some candles, turn up the music and turn OFF the lights!
I had the table totally set~I used our new black and red placemats and napkins, and we each had our pasta bowls, salads, alfredo sauces to dip in, bread and tea. Off to the side was olive oil, red pepper, and balsamic vinegar….and then on the other side was our huge pasta bowl with the pasta and it looked great in there! I lit the new silver taper candles and it felt so fancy!
When Billy got home, he walked in the door, and looked a little confused, but was so impressed J. He came around and pulled my chair out for me like we were in a restaurant, and didn’t question as to why the lights were out. Lol. After he prayed over the meal, he said he needed to wash his hands from shooting guns at the range, so I told him to “go to the bathroom and wash them”….
After a delicious dinner, I said “now, here’s the REAL reason we had candlelight!”…and turned the kitchen light on. He started laughing out loud! Then he looked at me and goes “nope, we’re not touching it tonight”, and turned the lights back off and started Monsters, Inc. for us to watch together.
I love my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i love it! that's so funny! seems like that happens alot to me ...I try to do something creative and then something wild happens that totally could ruin my night , but just have to get over it and enjoy the part that does work out :)
way to go little wifey!
it was fun seeing you guys!
I love it! You are too cute! How fun! and I love his reaction! :)
Oh Jamie, you are making me remember some of my newlywed memories. Greg always said that the best time in our marriage was the first four months (when I did not work) and he came home to a candlelight dinner every night. It was very fun. I'll never forget when I lite all the candles in the apartment and the fire alarm went off. Too Funny!
You handled a spilled bottle of pepper very well. Good thinking!
OH how funny!! Those are the best days...not!!
I love cooking even though I make the biggest mess ever.
You handled that like a pro! When John and I first got married, I hadn't really cooked before, so, Billy is lucky that you have started out so well. You do realize that you have set a precedent and you'll have to keep it up!
Post a Comment