


So, I rolled over yesterday morning and whispered to my husband a "happy two week anniversary" :) We are having SO MUCH FUN being married!
It's amazing to look back and see God's hand on us the entire week before our wedding...even up to the day-of the wedding I was (surprisingly) relaxed and enjoyed as much of the day as I could possibly take in. I heard so many people come through our receiving line afterward, tell me that they had us in their prayers that week. How cool is that? I was blown away at the support and love we felt from everyone present and also those who gave their wishes from afar. It was a day to remember!!!
After being overwhelmed and blessed that our wedding day came together as smoothly and peacefully as it did, and we were swept off to stay at the Iberostar Grand in the Riviera Maya and treated like royalty! What a beautiful breathtaking place! We had a butler, 24 hour room service and enough tasty food and fresh squeezed juices to keep us smiling for a long time :) They would turn our sheets down every night before we returned from dinner, and draw our baths (sometimes making funny animals on the bed with handtowels like you see on the cruise commercials), or cover the tub with rose petals...it was always a fun suprise!
There was a ceramic scented oil warmer they would light for us every night, and we LOVED the way it smelled our room up! So we ventured out to find one for a keepsake, and the stores on the resort kept telling us they were out at the moment but may get more in soon (to sale). Alberto, our butler informed us on our last day that they had been saying that for months! So he encouraged us to take the one in our room! He said he would take care of it, and put another one in somehow. So we have it! We bought the oils from their store, and it reminds us of Mexico every time we light the candle!
When we came home, we got right to work on our new townhome, and it's really starting to look like people live in it :) We are saving up for a bed of our own, but for now, we're using the one I had before and it will eventually be our guest bed (especially when we have out of town family stay), and we brought my dining table and hopechest over. We also invested in a leather sectional with ottoman, and last night, my handy man of a husband put together our bar stools. We are sooooo enjoying being together and not having to say goodbye anymore-only goodnight!
I hope you are all doing great, and you should give me an update if I haven't talked to you in a while. The past 13 weeks went by so quickly and I know I missed out on some of your life-happenings! Thank you all for your love and kind words and encouragement in the midst of planning such a major event-I really appreciate your friendship!
Much love to you all,
MRS.B!

3 comments:
SO glad you guys are doing well and loving marriage :) Can't wait to see the townhome sometime! Post some pics for us!!!
Your wedding pics look great and you both looked fab that day of course.
Keep enjoying!!!
Congrats again Jamie!! So sorry I couldn't be there but it looks like it was absolutely beautiful!!
Jaimie!! I am SO happy for you. I remember how it felt to not have to say goodbye anymore; it's like having a slumber party with your best friend every night. Enjoy it! The sillier you are with each other the better it gets.
I can't wait to see y'alls new home! You live pretty close to John and I now, so there shouldn't be any excuses!
Post a Comment