Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On my Nerves

This poor innocent son of mine is getting on my nerves.....literally! I yelled out many times when I got up to walk around at work today, and would get caught mid-stride just trying to make myself breathe through this awful "zinging" pain. It's in my lower left back....and boy it's a doozie! Does anyone have any remedies? Poor baby needs his room to grow but I'm just a little person!

5 comments:

Mama PC said...

sounds like sciatic pain

i had that with one - i think my last pregnancy

shooting down one hip and down back of thigh?

you need to walk more, daily - to get those muscles and ligaments and spinal column nice and limber

but, talk to your doc's nurse to find out what it their treatment for that problem - i cannot recommend any meds although it is an inflammatory condition - probably from all your climbing on chairs, decorating, carrying things, etc... plus, sitting at a desk - you need to make sure you get up and walk and don't wear high heels - good supportive shoes....

ok, that's my recommendation

call your doc's nurse cause it could be something else....

love and hugs and prayers!

pkc

Mama PC said...

http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/preg_sciatica.htm

yes, sciatica during pregnancy

confirms what i said

not so much pregnancy itself - but your possible straining might have caused this - need to strengthen all those muscles - but don't do anything your "health care provider" doesn't say to do ie. your doctor or doctor's ob nurse

stay off your rear end - when home, lie down a lot

when in office chair - get up and move a lot and if you can walk a brief walk, do that several times a day

make sure your are in an ergonomically correct position at your desk and in your vehicle

find out what abd and pelvic and back exercises your doctor wants you on and DO THEM AS ORDERED! for ease for the next few months and also ease of labor and delivery

i'm not joking. This is serious. (Take this serious)

ok - call the doctor's office - now

love again and call me if you ever need anything

hope i don't sound too pushy :-) or know-it-all

take care of both of you!!!

Unknown said...

i had that with hayden for a little while. talk to your dr. but i agree with all the remedies nurse crouse gave ;) try some prenanal yoga, those stretches are all great prep for delivery and easing all those tired growing muscles!

Melissa said...

definitely sciatic...and I second Linds...yoga worked great to help me with that....also, and this sounds funny to write... but push/stick your rear out and lean your upper body forward when you get that sharp pain, and it will stretch it out faster, at least it did for me... so sorry, I know it's miserable! :)

merry Christmas to you all!

The Wiggins Family said...

I agree with all of the above. I had this with Carlee and I went to the Chiropractor and that helped releave a lot of pain b/c I had a neverending pain all the time. There is a great one in The Woodlands if you are in serious pain. Just call me and I'll give you his name and number. Hope everything works itself out.