Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Time is Here!

Billy and I finally got ourselves a first tree! After we made our selection, a really sweet man helped us tie the tree up, and showed great dedication to the task. Ole' Blanca (our car) got to prove how strong she was carrying that tree on her back :)
Then tough Billy got to prove how strong HE was by carrying it on HIS back! See how tough he is?! LOL, just smile and nod :)


It happened to be a really cold night too, so we had our very first real fire in the fireplace. While he worked long and hard on beating the wood to "kindling" pieces, I pretty much got-to-it decorating that sucker with all kinds of fun new picks and sticks and ornaments and lights and bows.

SEEEEEEEE!


It was so fun and smelled up the whole room to have a REAL tree in our living room!

Here's Billy's pretty fire in our first home together:)

We hung our new stockings on our "NOEL" and "PEACE" hooks, and we bought our "JOY" baby one for next year...hard to believe he'll be 9 months old by then!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree, and a cute top on a pretty pregnant Mommy and what a strong, handsome Daddy. Looks so Christmasy and warm. Wish we could join you, but thanks for sharing this view.

May said...

Ha, ha! Suzanne was commenting on this post while I was commenting on the post below I had not yet seen from the 15th!

Your home looks beautiful! I also enjoyed the strong, handsome Daddy picture. I had to click on those two to have an even better look.

Waiting for "joy".

Mom

Melissa said...

So pretty! Love the pics! Your home looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

i thouhght at first...hmm that must be a really short tree, then i realized you were standing up on a chair ;)

its gorgeous!! great job!

Mama PC said...

beautiful tree and lovely first Christmas...

i'm so happy for all of you... and can't wait to see the little Joy Baby too...

stories stories - of course your pics and first Christmas remind me of our first Christmas...

we didn't have enough money in the budget to "buy" a tree, so I just waited, and trusted that it would come together... and, then on the last day of school where John was teaching, as I drove up the drive to pick him up, I saw in the dumpster a beautiful tree sticking out of the top! it was a real tree and still fresh enough to smell good - so I climbed up and pulled it out and stuck in in the back of my little butterscotch '79 Honda CVCC 2 door hatchback and then picked up John. I don't think he even asked me where I got it, or anything... then we went to the T G & Y and bought about $8 worth of lights and ornaments, then made some homemade dough ornaments and crafts to complete the simple tree...

with love and a new marriage, even small efforts at building your new life together, with very little money - (if you look around you and use what resources you have - )it can be a beautiful experience

i still have the ornaments we bought that Christmas and have since added many varied types and styles - many home-made and gifted ones - and have many many happy memories that are brought to mind when putting up our tree each year - we are now on our 27th! tree!!!

The Wiggins Family said...

I love it! It is very beautiful. First Christmas together, how special! I'll never forget ours. Love you and Merry Christmas!