Okay, so let’s go back to this past week ~
Happy b-day to my Mama!
For part of her present, Billy and I took her flower shopping for a new flowerbed we’re planting for her, and then the other part was a visit with us for a 21 week sonogram!
As soon as we left, mom went shppping and said “I saw my grandson today and I’m a sucker!” The baby was so fun to watch and kicking like crazy. He was pulling his little toes down into his face, and playing with his hands and feet.
The doctor said my placenta is in the front, and he’s kicking right into it like a cushiony pillow, so that’s why I haven’t felt him a whole lot yet….but I HAVE FINALLY FELT HIM!!! What a cool feeling! It’s been sort of like when I get on amusement park ride that's dropping really fast, or sometimes it’s a jittery feeling like I’m nervous, or the most recent one was kind of a spiraly feeling…. :)

He is right on track with his growth, and everything including his heart looks perfect! There’s been many times, we’ve been given words of encouragement through this pregnancy (thank you!) that I am carrying a “JOY BABY”, and that this little boy is going to "bring us joy and not sorrow!" It was such a strong message from one of my very dear friends, that before we even knew for sure he was a boy, she sent me an email and said “I still think it’s a boy and I kept asking the Lord, ‘how in the world can they name a boy Joy?’” ...and we're still working on that, lol! but it’s true, he has already given us so much joy, and God has given us many chances to be a light to our unsaved and lost friends through every step of the way.
The other day at work, I was singing to myself “Yo tengo gozo gozo gozo gozo in my (Corazon) pancita! Donde?!” (for you non-spanish speakers, it was a version of “I’ve got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart only I changed it to” down in my belly”). My coworkers thought I was crazy, but I just couldn’t hide that God has given us a blessing in the form of this little living creature! How can anyone ever deny that he is alive? He already had every piece of information that will make him the man he will be on the day he was formed!
This past week also held much celebration for the upcoming wedding of my little bro Aaron and his beautiful lady Rachel.
He is right on track with his growth, and everything including his heart looks perfect! There’s been many times, we’ve been given words of encouragement through this pregnancy (thank you!) that I am carrying a “JOY BABY”, and that this little boy is going to "bring us joy and not sorrow!" It was such a strong message from one of my very dear friends, that before we even knew for sure he was a boy, she sent me an email and said “I still think it’s a boy and I kept asking the Lord, ‘how in the world can they name a boy Joy?’” ...and we're still working on that, lol! but it’s true, he has already given us so much joy, and God has given us many chances to be a light to our unsaved and lost friends through every step of the way.
The other day at work, I was singing to myself “Yo tengo gozo gozo gozo gozo in my (Corazon) pancita! Donde?!” (for you non-spanish speakers, it was a version of “I’ve got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart only I changed it to” down in my belly”). My coworkers thought I was crazy, but I just couldn’t hide that God has given us a blessing in the form of this little living creature! How can anyone ever deny that he is alive? He already had every piece of information that will make him the man he will be on the day he was formed!
This past week also held much celebration for the upcoming wedding of my little bro Aaron and his beautiful lady Rachel.
There were two showers held in their honor and each one was special and unique. I can’t believe in less than 3 weeks we will all 3 be married and “all growed up”. Where does the time go? I know it sounds silly but just today I got emotional about our old house. Not that I miss the house, but for some reason, it hit me that the last Mohican (Aaron) is getting married and now Mom and Dad’s will just be Mom and Dad’s house-the place where we all get together and visit now. WEIRD! I am SO THANKFUL that God has answered our families prayers for AWESOME and WONDERFUL and FUN extended family members….I am proud and very, very blessed to sit at the table with my fam, and the UNIQUE and CHARMING 3 additions (and a half) we have all brought to that table. Life couldn’t get any better...could it?



5 comments:
HURRAY for family
and a joy baby on the way!
LOTS of love,
linds and brian
i'm so glad everything is going so well. I can't believe he will be here before we all know it!
hurray for kicking! its the wierdest feeling after you give birth to think, oh man i won't feel that anymore, but it sure is amazing while it lasts!
take care!
i remember when an elbow would go across my belly, from the INSIDE! or a rump would stick out on one side of my belly while a head was pressing out on the other! side to side my stomach went into a weird shape! and then the muscles would contract with all the acrobatics inside!
that elbow swipe though is the most wonderful experience! can I get a witness?
it's gonna get better! James! and you're gonna even feel him standing on your bladder! or, doing a handstand on your bladder! hold on!!!!!!!!!! ha!
Someone's beginning to look like she's pregnant. : ) And yes he's still the cutest grandboy in the whole world!
I demand more pictures. Of YOU and your belly.
Post a Comment