It was a joy to host over 25 people for a Resurrection lunch today. As we wrapped up the delicious Tri-tip (Billy's specialty and certainly a crowd pleaser) and skillet potatoes, a host of salads and sweets, we spent some time in worship to our risen Savior! Brian started the worship off with a new original chorus the Lord laid on his heart this afternoon and the whole group easily joined in with beautiful harmonies. We continued the time with some old favorites and really old favorites (seems like family get togethers are the only time we get to sing those anymore).
The 4 and under crowd had discovered the many Easter basket goodies from Gramm and Papa earlier, so they were busily playing with all the eggs scattered on the floor (and snacking on the organic fruit treats and banana chips Gramm was so thoughful to fill the eggs with :) There was a great ease to the atmosphere, just enjoying the family, friends (new and old) and Jesus who was present with us. I loved it, and I believe God smiled upon it as well. Aaron and his fam didn't get to join the fun (I'm so accustomed to us all being together I kept re-counting and looking for Nova during all the kid pics), but the latest addition to the cousin crew, Valor Michael and his mommy came! He is sweet and it was he and Owen's first holiday, so of course, they had to get in the group shot :) I originaly intended for Owen and Valor to share a basket, but when I put my little big 8 week old in it, I said "Oh, Wow, you are BIG!" Good thing we had an extra basket for Valor to sleep in his own abode :) I LOVED Owen's expression during that whole fiasco!
| "Mom, seriously?!" |
| Gramm and her grandboys |
| Lu & Olives's cousin Samuel got to come |

1 comment:
I love the pictures! looks like a fun time! and wow! Owen does look huge already!
Post a Comment