Monday, January 19, 2009

A Mighty Good Man

WARNING: IN THIS POST, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE SOME SLIGHT GUSHING :)

I was just sitting here thinking about how thankful I am to have Billy in my life and wanted to share :). He is the husband God had planned from the beginning, and I see it more and more all the time.
He has been such a trooper through this whole change of life called pregnancy, as he has watched his newlywed life change and his brand new wife EVOLVE into a rounder-figured, hearburn ridden, early nighter, poor housekeeper of a woman.

Last week I could have sworn it was my birthday or something! On Wednesday, a shopworker came barging in with a delivery of beautfiul live orchids! I was speechless. I thought, what are we celebrating? Turns out he didn't need any celebration to send them! It was my first "married AND preggo flowers" and the card nearly made me cry as Billy said he had admiration for the strength I've shown during this pregnancy. Wow! Strength? I didn't feel like I was being strong at all! I whine about not being able to bend over well, or having my random "one hiccup", or putting my shoes on and having to constantly be grunting, or falling asleep as soon as I lay down no matter what time it is, or getting leg cramps in the night and nerve pains in the day...but yet...he admires me??

The next day....he found out I wanted to go to a concert downtown with the Symphony and Peter Cetera (former Chicago lead singer), so he BOUGHT TICKETS! We had such a fun and crazy night, nearly missing the first half after I had to fly through rush hour Friday traffic, and get home to find out we didn't have enough time to really "go out" for dinner....so we settled for Taco Bell! LOL!!
We felt like highschoolers at a prom night or something....all dressed up and then fast food for dinner! He spilled his burrito on his tie and we had to wash it off as good as possible...but yet we still laughed for the rest of the ride like giddy schoolboys/girls....then we couldn't find the parking garage....and once we did, we had to park at the top. I decided to venture out and wear my heels that night *bad idea* and as we FINALLY approached the concert hall, Billy remembered he left HIS WALLET in the car, and our tickets were at will call *and we potentially needed his id to pick them up*.

Fortunately, they didn't need his ID so we were totally fine without the wallet, and we made it after just missing a few songs...

But seriously....it was funny. Some people would have been stressed to THE MAX after a night like that, and it's times like those I realize how much we really are MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

To top off my BIRTHDAY-LIKE WEEK TO REMEMBER...I decided to be frugal and make my own New Years cards this year. He didn't want me to smell the fumes of the adhesive, so he spent 3 very COLD nights in our garage watching King of the Hill & Kung fu Panda on a portable dvd player while he spray glued 300 cards for me!!!

All I can say is, my husband is MY HERO! He makes me laugh at normal little things, and reminds me to ease up when I get too serious about life. I know he's going to make such a great dad, because he already takes great care of his kids mom!
P.S. He told me to say he has big muscles too

4 comments:

Mama PC said...

just lovely....

hey, but what were the flowers for? was it an anniversary of some sort?

sweet sweet man.....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's funny how God works like that! Thank the Lord for mature men who listen to the Lord and even if it breaks our heart it works out better in the end for every party involved. Kudos to God's will!

Unknown said...

way to go billy!

lindsey brooke said...

billy and his muscles... that boy needs a good poppin' to his big head after all that! :) j/k love you guys! and glad you both got someone as great as each other! :)

the sista lindsey girl