Monday, February 4, 2008

T-minus 10 and counting....no...make that 6!

March 3rd UPDATES are in PINK
Feb 20th UPDATES are in BLUE!!
Feb 7th-UPDATES are in RED! Things are just falling into place!! We have felt the peace of God as we plan our wedding, and I'm thankful for all the help we're getting from everyone around us! I can't believe this is countdown WEEK #10

Here's what we've got so far.....
A date: April 12th
A time: 2:00pm Okay this might be earlier now- closer to 11:30 or so... Nope, we're stickin' to our original plan with 2:00pm, so start booking your flights/road trips now!!
A place: Well, we thought we did...keep this in our prayers, as our search continues. Praise God we were able to get ahold of 2 potential locations today!!! We've been calling everywhere for days. It appears that our day is AVAILABLE for our favorite choice! WOOHOO. They just had a wedding that was planned for that day move to the night before! It's kind of funny, but I had actually sent a request for application there a few months before we were even engaged yet (I guess when you know you just know right?! lol). Turns out, they never received it. So today, we should get a final answer back. Thank you Jesus! We are ALMOST COMPLETELY settled now, with our favorite location. There had been some setbacks, but we're feeling more and more comfortable that everything's working out. We paid the deposit today, and we're good to go :)
A minister We actually have 2!
A dress: YAYYYYYYY
A veil: YAYYYY again!
A cake: We're pretty sure, just gotta taste it :) We tasted- we picked- we are happy! and now we've got a grooms cake in the works too ;)
Flowers: Thank God for friends who buy wholesale
Music: I think we've just got one more song to pick...
Decorations: Yeehaw for a fiance' who loves to build things, and good friends in this business ;)
Our colors LOL.I thought I had the colors, but this bridesmaid dress thing has caused a lot of color confusion. When we find the dresses for the girls, our colors will be FINAL. :) We're going with teal green and Ocean blue! Or better yet, Steel Blue in Aqua if we're able to order them.
A ring bearer My favorite little pirate ;)
Some flower girls Two of them to be exact!
My Bridesmaids Nine of those
His Groomsmen Nine of those too
The invitations are picked, and almost printed... Just waiting on a final word on location. They are designed and on the printing presses today!
We have some fantastic photography options We're going with Clark Lara! He's so talented! Already, we are so pleased with our engagment session...can't wait to see what's in store with the Bridals.
We're praying for our videographer friends to be available! We're going with some good friends in the business.
And Billy's on the ball with our honeymoon plans! Yippiee....it will be a great surprise! It's paid for, but still a surprise for me!

...and plenty of other surprises to come!


So I think we're doing pretty good! This is fun! I am thankful for God's peace that gives us the faith to believe that He will work out the crazy details.
And now, when we get back from our honeymoon we've got a TOWNHOME to live in!!!! We were approved yesterday for a beautiful and roomy townhome and couldn't be more thrilled about our place! I can't believe WE have a PLACE?!!
The registries are pretty much done....thank goodness for the internet! We did SOME scanning in store, but with our crazy full time lives, and living in two states, it was much better to go look in store and then add items online.


10 comments:

Melissa said...

oh my goodness! What progress!! :) How exciting! Can't wait for the big day!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I'm so happy and very excited for you!!! I read your blog the day after you posted. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. My grandpa has been sick and he died yesterday, so the family has been back and forth and frantic. I'm leaving again in the morning for Arkansas. But, I'm very happy and God ROCKS for doing this for you! This is the way it always should have been! Oh, and my pastor's wife and I have $200 opera tickets and a hotel room downtown on Friday night, April 11th, so I will just make her come with me to the wedding, if that's ok, since we will already be in Houston. it works out perfectly! I'll be counting down with you! Now pray that it's my turn SOON!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

way to be on the ball :) how exciting!!! can't wait for the day!!

Michelle said...

That is so exciting!! Can't wait to see everything else fall into place.
Good luck!!!

Lauren said...

I can't believe you have made so much progress so fast! You are awesome!
I just know it's going to be beautiful and everything you have dreamed.
If there is anything I can do to help you just hollar!
Congrats again and can't wait!

Lauren said...

I need your e-mail

Cara's Jeans said...

Yeah that is massive progress!! SWEET!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah for your first place :) I can't wait to see it all fixed up for the two of you !!!

Melissa said...

oh my goodness! You already know where you are going to live! That's awesome! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures once you get it set up! Congrats! That is so huge! :)

Lauren said...

Things are rolling along huh. Glad to hear everything is working out.
YEAH for a place to live!! Now you won't have to live with your parents as a married couple :)