Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mucho fun times

Celebrating our 1st Christmas Together


Billy and I exchanged our array of Christmas gifts in a progressive fashion…


(the hellicopter’s BILLY’s Todd! Lol…) How fun and meaningful every single gift was! We loved every bit of it!
Larry and Suzanne gave us our first Nativity (going in our hope chest-wahoo) and we look forward to many additional pieces added in the future!..and some long johns and Amazing Grace, the movie. We had many thanks to both our families for all the special things they gave us….
Brian’s (his bro) wrapping was AMAZING! (the Aveda tea hit the spot) Brian (my bro), Aaron and Rachel were very thoughtful with their gifts…it touched Billy very much that they would send gifts with me for him. Todd got me the perfect house-boots! Love them!


Mom and Dad got him a special “Texas” gift (Chuy's University of Tex-Mex shirt)....that he wore asap and the Cabellas’s cards were nearly stolen at least 10 times (by his dad, hehe)

I think our favorite gift of all, however, was our
RIGHT HAND RINGS.
We had picked them out together in Sacramento (last trip), but waited to give them for Christmas. We wanted our Right-Hand ring to represent God’s promise to us, as our Left-Hand ring will represent our promise to each other.
We chose a pattern that also symbolized the crossing of our paths!
We know it was by way of a miracle that God chose to take us off our individual paths, and join one another on OUR path…..


It was a wonderful New Years in California! We played in the snow, and Snow-shoed (hard stuff!) on an active volcano (Mt. Lassen)!



Celebrating our 1st New Years Together
We were pooped that night, but managed to get up and keep our tradition of banging pots and pans to ring in the new year!!

Billy said, "so it’s a new year…what do you want to change
for 2008
?"

I said, "MY NAME!"


THENNNNNNNNN since he bought me some

official SNOW CLOTHES....

Billy taught me how to ski for the very first time on Mt. Shasta!! It was soooo fun and his patience really paid off! I only fell one time- on a practice-lift- lol- but that’s it! I never fell on the slopes! I was totally surprised at myself, and honestly I think I shocked him too! We had tons of fun, and now, we can go back and ski longer next time!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

How FUN!!! It sounds like the whole holiday was a wonderful time. I LOVE your right hand rings, and love the symbolism of it all. Cary and I can't wait for the name change - hopefully to come this year - either.

I also have to say that I am TOTALLY jealous of your ski trip. We are only about an hour from some of the best slopes in the nation, and I haven't been since before Carson was born! Sad stuff....

Love all of the pictures! :) Oh, and the pot/pan banging tradition is hilarious! :)

Heather said...

Hey girl! I FINALLY got to read your blog!! I love it! I miss you much! SEE YOU SOON!!! Feb is almost here!!!