He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds…God showed me something really amazing in prayer one day at our church concerning this passage. I saw this picture of myself standing at the keyboard during worship, with this gigantic rope tied around me- it had an oversized knot (like a clever Navy-knot) and it was keeping me from falling over. He then took me to a picture of a few people in my life who were broken, and there was yet again, that same huge rope tying them all so tight they couldn’t fall over if they tried. There was a sense of security in the ropes, they didn’t seem restrictive, but instead, were security and safety and refuge.
Some may know the path God has taken me on this past year, others may not. It wasn’t an easy way, and there were many times I felt broken, or like breaking down. Through every step, however, He kept me from falling to the left or the right. I look back and am so overwhelmed by His goodness to His broken, imperfect children.
And though a man might prevail against him who is alone, two will withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4:12
I really feel like another tool God uses to bind us is with family ties. There are family ties that do not tear apart! I was able to see this very evidently about 2 weeks ago.
Billy was in town, and had a family wedding in Dallas. We were going to make the trip, and meet his folks and younger brother there (they had to fly in from Cali). My parents decided to drive up as well, and meet the Burciaga fam. for themselves.
I’ll have to admit, I was anxious for this to finally take place, This was a VERY BIG DEAL that would affect our future lives-to see how my future family (in laws) would function and mesh with mine.

3 comments:
This is so true. My man brings such strength to me and him plus Jesus is sweet harmony. I can truely rest in knowing all is good. Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad the meeting went so well. God knows just what we need and just when we need it :)
Miss you guys!! Sometimes I forget that there is a real world out there aside from the NICU :) Glad to know you are holding down the fort while I'm in outer space!
Hey Girl... I just decided to glance back at your old posts to view your pics from California. I remember reading this post back then. It was special to me THEN and it's special to me NOW. I remember being so happy that your families loved each other. I got to experience this same thing when Brandon's parents met my parents on March 31. All the parents (and my Granny) and I had lunch on the day before Brandon flew down. Our dads had got to visit for 2 hours while my furniture was being loaded. But then the moms and Granny joined us at Chili's. It was amazing to me to see how God brought Brandon into my life and joined our families together. It truly WAS worth the wait! :) Love you!
Post a Comment