Monday, August 27, 2007

Holdin’ mu lups luk thus

A few days ago, I had a wacky encounter with a Mexican frozen Rice Pudding (sounds gross, but promise it’s very, very tasty), or as Lin C. and I like to call it “Ice Rice”. I was so excited to eat it, I quickly removed it from its plastic wrapper and as I started in on it, it froze itself almost immediately to my entire mouth! My lips were being pulled by this overwhelming sense of force that this iced treat was causing. I attempted to lick the inside of my mouth and loosen the popsicle from my lips/mouth, to no avail. Finally, afraid it would only worsen the problem by waiting any longer, I just pulled it off like a band-aid! Riiiipppp! My mouth filled with blood, as it gushed out from the sides of my mouth and lips. I screamed out, and ran to the bathroom to grab wet paper towels. I couldn’t believe what had just happened! How did I do that?! Needless to say, it hurt…bad…and swelled up almost immediately after I got the bleeding to stop. The next day, canker sores began to form over the flaps of exposed skin, and those sores are something I seem to have a problem with anyway. So Yippiiee! Here we go again! As it’s started to heal (the popsicle injury, that is), I had another happy canker pop up along my gum line. What is up with that?! Supposedly, as research shows, these little canker sores I am so miserably attacked with seem to be caused by a few nutritional deficiencies

For those fellow sufferers (I know you’re out there!)...here’s a little info I gathered today on recommended doses for canker sore-fighting:
Iron- 60 mg
B-12- 1,000 mcg (sublingual)
Zinc- 50 mg
Folic Acid- 800 mcg
Vitamin E- 400 i.u.
Vitamin C (with biflavinoids)- 1,000 mg
Acidophilus
DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice) 20 mg
Lots of Water (says doctor Billy)

So I had to share my lovely news. I’m gonna’ be a happy camper as I put this research to the test and add some supplements to my diet. Bye bye canker sores…you will NOT be missed!



TRIP TO NUTRITION DEPOT- $68.95
BEING CANKER-SORE FREE- $$$ PRICELESS $$$

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how bad your mouth has problems so I really hope this works for you :( Poor thing! Sorry I missed the movie...I got home at around 9:45pm...long long long day...i'm pooped